Saturday 3 January 2015

December: An attempt at Cairns & The Great Barrier Reef...


In December I made my long-anticipated trip up to Cairns to dive on the Great Barrier Reef, having stored my PADI card safely all year long, it was finally time to use it.... But alas it was not to be as I got tonsillitis just four days after arriving and couldn't go! :(

But I did manage to squeeze in a few fun adventures and sights! Including an awesome snorkelling trip to the Outer Reef on day one.


I was there with my Tassie friends Gayl and Ryan, with whom I was able to brave one night in our Wicked Campervan before getting sick!


We moved from Cairns up to Port Douglas, visiting most of the beaches along the way. All of which are very beautiful and tempting, aside from the jellyfish! 

...and crocodiles!



No comments:

Post a Comment