Monday 17 November 2014

October: Tribute to SURCAS


Whilst officially 'away' in Tasmania I snuck back to Sydney for my birthday weekend mid October to see friends, go to trapeze – and see DUSK, the Sydney University Circus show. I have been going to SURCAS (Sydney University Recreational Circus Arts Society) practices since June and want to pay tribute to yet another fabulous bunch of circus folk I have met here in Sydney. We meet in the unlikely place of the University rock climbing gym and rig up what we can in the middle of the room, usually a couple of silks and a trapeze.

It's been great to learn a few more tricks on silks – and I have to in particular thank Joe and Odette who taught me enough to convince some students of mine at Suzie Q's Pole Studio that I was an adept silks performer when I covered a lesson there!

I was originally going to be in DUSK with my fellow silks girls, Rose and Odette, and had lots of fun training and practicing with them and coming up with ideas. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay in Sydney for rehearsals because of the opportunity I was offered in Tasmania, but here are some pics of the act when it was originally conceived of as a trio not duo!





The girls did a fab job on the night – as did all the other SURCAS folk. I'm so glad I got to see it. Bravo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment